After Akita Prefecture was legally established in December 1871, the first prefectural government office was set up in Kubota Castle in April 1872, where it stayed for seven months. In 1880, a new building was constructed as the prefectural government office, which was in service until being destroyed by a fire in August 1957. The new prefectural government building was opened in the present location in December 1959. The main building and second building are connected by an underground passage.
In Commemoration of the 16th National Athletic Meet [Board on the Pedestal]
Statue of Tatsuko and Hachirotaro [Sculpture in Bronze]
Symphony of Light and Wind [Sculpture]