Map of Kubota Castle’s Main Building (Hon-maru) in 1859

This plan, which was established in 1859, indicates where roofs were placed and helps us to imagine how the main building (hon-maru) looked before it was lost in a fire. The red lines representing the the roof ridges enable us to imagine the design of the buildings. The plan also shows that there were as many as 61 water tanks on the roofs to prevent fire.

Back to Osumiyagura