Noshiro City

The city of Noshiro was established in 1940 from the merger of the town of Noshiro-Minato and the villages of Shinonome and Sakaki. The village of Ogifuchi was incorporated in the city in 1942 and four more municipalities (the town of Hiyama, and the villages of Tsurugata, Asanai and Tokiwa) in 1955. The city was merged in 2006 with the town of Futatsui to become the present-day city of Noshiro.