Yuzawa City

The city of Yuzawa was established in 1954 from the merger of the town of Yuzawa with nearby five municipalities (the town of Iwasaki and the villages of Benten, Hatano, Mitsuseki, and Yamada). After absorbing the village of Sukawa in 1955, the city was merged in 2005 with three nearby municipalities (the towns of Ogachi and Inakawa, and the village of Minase) to become the present-day city of Yuzawa.